Thursday, October 29, 2009

SYTYCD New Stage

I have been soo excited for the new season of SYTYCD, and have just had the chance to catch up on Monday and Tuesday night's performances. Does anyone else feel a little disappointed after this week's performances?? It wasn't quite as exciting as I was hoping it would be, and I think it was because of the new stage. It just seemed like the stage was too big and the lights were too distracting. It was hard to focus on the dancer's faces, and hard to feel the connection and story of each dance. I wish they would go back to the old stage. Maybe I just need to re-watch the show...but I'm worried I may not be as into this season. Sad, especially since this is my favorite show. :(

3 comments:

Cindy Robinson said...

ummmm...were we watching the same show? monday was super awesome. the first hip hop number was crazy good! and i liked almost ALL of the tuesday night ones...my favorite was the ape-ish/silly hip hop. holy smokes, so good! i think i watched it 10 times! the lights were kind of distracting, and the stage is really big, but the dancers are all sooo amazing this year. watch it again...or just watch it with me on skype or something.
*cindy

Carrie Jensen said...

Ok - I re-watched it last night, and I liked it a little bit better. But the only dance I really loved was the Wade Robson group routine. None of the Tuesday night ones stood out to me. I'm blaming it all on the stage...not a fan!! :)

Mandyyyyyy said...

SAD we haven't caught up yet but I will let you know what I think. Maybe we are too excitied and expect too much. I hope I am not disappointed. On the cruise we went to some dance shows. I am such a hard critic now!!