I am a little late posting about St. Patty's Day, but better late than never. It has been a pretty gray, cold, long winter this year, but I kept holding out hope that it would be sunny and warm enough to go to the park like we did last year on St. Patrick's Day. And it actually happened! It has since been cold and cloudy again, but on St. Patty's (and the day before and after), it was sunny and warm. I was so grateful! I really needed some sun! I think I had more energy and excitement in those few days than I have had all winter.
Anyway, we decided to celebrate by having a few kiddo's over for some green fun. We made green necklaces, decorated shamrocks with Lucky Charms and M&M's, and colored some St. Patty's pictures. We also went to the park - which was great! Then, we had a super yummy lunch - green pasta alfredo, green grapes, and peanut butter celery sticks. And of course, a green dessert: cupcakes! It was a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment