Kaylie, Kaylie, Kaylie...when will you get over your fear of strangers (or anyone other than mom)?? Ever since Kaylie was about 4 or 5 months old, she has been extremely wary of going to anyone other than me or Mark. If anyone tries to touch her, pick her up, or even sometimes just look at her who is not mom or dad, she cries and cries until I come to the rescue. Mark's mom has been trying to help me and Kaylie work on this, and she is making some progress. It usually takes about a day for her to get comfortable every time we visit Mark's family's house, and then she will finally let Grandma and Grandpa pick her up and hold her. But anyone else...no dice! (Although, that progress is not totally evident in this picture...) hehe
We visited Mark's family again this weekend so we could go to a few holiday events. We went to a "breakfast with Santa" this morning, and a cookie/story time/visit with Santa this afternoon. I knew that Kaylie was going to scream if I tried to pass her off to Santa, so I stayed with her during most of the pictures. But we thought it would be funny to get the classic "screaming with Santa" picture, and Kaylie did not disappoint! (Hope you like the new pic at the top of our blog!)
Other than visiting Santa today, we have been getting in the holiday spirit by baking yummy goodies, decorating our apartment, and teaching Kaylie to shake bells every time we sing Jingle Bells. She is a cutie pie, despite her fear of strangers. :)
What else is Kaylie starting to do now? She likes to climb on EVERYTHING! She is constantly trying to climb on our ottoman, or climb into her shopping cart or toy tub. When we read books, she is also starting to grab my finger and point my finger at different pictures on the page. I tell her what I am pointing at, and then she points my finger to something else. It's kind of cute. :) She also likes to stand in the bath tub (not safe at all!), and completely clear the table of all food when she has decided that she is done eating. Kaylie hasn't started talking yet, but I am sure that will come soon.
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the holiday season!





5 comments:
Love it. I think the scream your head off at Santa photos are the best. Cute jumper by the way. And you look amazing. To bad I didn't end up with your genes. See ya this weekend. Love Di
LOVE LOVE the picture of Kaylie! that is CLASSIC! i showed my boys too and they loved it. and of course the picture with the reindeer ears it super cute! hope you guys are having some HOLIDAY FUN!! see ya in a couple days!! yay! :)
*cindy
That picture at the top of your blog had me cracking up! Such a classic!
that is hilarious. so sad she was scared, but the picture is great ;) i especially like her cute snowman jumper :) Hope you guys have a great holiday and new years :)
Hahahahahahahaha! Oh the joys. Kaylie is so funny! I love the screaming with Santa picture.
By the way Carrie, Katelyn has officially named her giant stuffed sheep Kaylie. I though that was cute.
Post a Comment